Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9-24-14


So sorry there was no post last night.  Conferences ran straight through until 6:30. If you didn't make it last night, please feel free to stop in on Thursday.  I was so pleased with last night's turnout.  I had 40 student conferences in a 4 hour period.  WOW, that's a lot of you.  Please remember, as the note that I sent out last week said, if you don't want to wait to see us, please give me a call and I'll try and set up a time with you before school, during my lunch or specials break, or via phone.  I really want to have a chance to touch base with you all. It is a challenge to do unscheduled conferences, due to the uncertainty of how many people will come at once.  The reason we do this, is because your child has 3 teachers.  If we have scheduled times, you would only be able to conference with your child's homeroom teacher.  Also, please remember you are free to contact me ANY time.  Don't wait until conferences if you have any concerns or questions.

What's coming up the rest of the week?
We will be reading the volcano story today and tomorrow.  If we finish it today, we'll test tomorrow.  If not, we'll be waiting until Monday to test over it.

The kids will still be canoeing this week, so remember to have them wear "old" clothes on their day.

Next week:
Homecoming week: each day has a dress up theme, we will be attending a pep rally and parade
Monday: Spelling test
Tuesday: Vocabulary test

0 comments:

Post a Comment